“Understanding Isolation and Loneliness” South Gloucestershire Equalities Forum conference 2 February 2016
“Understanding Isolation and Loneliness”
The South Gloucestershire Equalities Forum Conference 2016 will be held on Tuesday 2nd February 2016 9.00 am to 1.00 pm at Chipping Sodbury Town Hall.
The equalities conference 2016 will:
- help organisations understand the impact of loneliness and isolation
- explain how loneliness and isolation can affect members of equality communities
- identify different approaches to helping people overcome isolation and loneliness
- enable people to identify those at risk of isolation and give them tools to assist.
The conference will cover:
- BME groups who lack contact with other people from their cultural background
- partners of migrant workers who find it hard to build social networks
- LGBT individuals who sense or fear hostility in their local area
- carers who spend most of their time caring and have lost their social networks
- people who belong to a minority faith and struggle to find fellow believers in the area
- Disabled individuals who have difficulty getting out of the house and making friends.
You should attend the conference if you are:
- a voluntary organisation which provides a service to vulnerable people
- an employer which brings in staff from overseas and/or is aware of staff who have caring responsibilities
- a provider of statutory services to the public
- a social housing provider
- a district, town or parish councillor
- representing a local church
You can register to attend this free conference online at:
www.southglos.gov.uk/equalitiesconference or by calling 01454 863868.