Health and Wellbeing Board
The South Gloucestershire Health & Wellbeing Board is a statutory committee of South Gloucestershire Council set up in 2013 under the Health and Social Care Act 2012. Its aim is to develop and deliver the Joint Heath and Wellbeing Strategy 2017-21 and is chaired by Cllr Ben Stokes, Executive Member for Adult Social Care. Current member organisations are:
Voice and No-vote Members:
The Health and Wellbeing Board (HWBB) is constituted pursuant to S.194 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012 (the Act) and operates as a formal Committee of the Council (pursuant to S.102 LGA 1972) as from the 1 April 2013.
Purpose and Aim
- The Board will provide leadership to achieve, for all ages, improvement to the health and wellbeing of the local population, including children young people and vulnerable adult
- Although a statutory committee of the council the Board functions as a partnership board and its work will inform and be part of the Local Strategic Partnership and the Sustainable Community Strategy
- The Board will ensure that high quality, person centred integrated care and support is a reality for the population of South Gloucestershire including but not limited to children’s care, mental health, and learning disability as well as elderly care. The board will have regard to and challenge commissioners to work collaboratively, align priorities with each other and with the JSNA nd JHWBS, and be evidence based.
- The Board will work with the other HWBBs in the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) area, to develop a place-based approach and shared priorities in order to strengthen the HWBB voice in the ‘Healthier Together’ BNSSG Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) and influence the design and delivery of the BNSSG system response to the NHS Long Term Plan (LTP).
The Board will:
- Identify needs and priorities across South Gloucestershire and publish and refresh the South Gloucestershire Joint Needs Assessment (JSNA) and the Pharmacy Needs Assessment (PNA).
- Prepare and publish the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWS) that identifies the priority issues emerging from the JSNA requiring a whole system response.
- Ensure that each of the four JHWS collective actions have a named Board member lead and shared delivery arrangements are put in place to ensure that the Board works collectively to improve health and wellbeing in South Gloucestershire.
- Ensure that the JHWS has regard to the national outcome frameworks for health and social care; in particular, for those outcomes where the requirement is for a system response wider than single organisation delivery.
- Prepare and submit the Better Care Fund Plan that sets out the local vision for health and care services.
- Advocate and lead on the delivery of the Healthier Together Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) Prevention Plan in South Gloucestershire.
- Structure the HWBB Forward Plan so that each meeting is themed around a JHWS collective action and the preceding Development Session agenda provides an introduction to the topic, with invitations extended to relevant groups/stakeholders so that they can add breadth to the discussion.
- Work with Bristol HWBB to develop a population evidence / intelligence report to support forward planning in line with the NHS LTP.
- Establish joint seminars with Bristol HWBB on areas of common interest with the aim to agree shared priorities and strengthen the HWBB voice in the STP.
- Engage with North Somerset HWBB to establish its interest in participating in joint seminars and agreeing shared priorities.
- The Board through the Chair, will report on the work of the Board to the Health Scrutiny Committee.
- Maintain an overview and receive annual reports on the safeguarding system for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Ensure effective mechanisms are in place that enable all age active participation in planning for and improving the health and wellbeing of the
- Ensure that effective linkages are maintained to both the aligned partnership bodies and to the wider LSP partnership configuration.
- Establish a Children, Young People and Families Partnership and to agree the Terms of Reference of the Partnership, to support the implementation of the Sustainable Community Strategy and strategies as directed that relate to children, young people and families.
- Receive and consider recommendations from the Children, Young People and Families Partnership, maintain an overview of its work in respect of multiagency planning and service delivery to improve outcomes for safeguarding and wellbeing of all children and young people.
- Receive an annual report from the Children, Young People and Families Partnership including progress of the implementation of the partnership strategy for children and young people (formerly the Children and Young People’s Plan) and renewal at the end of the strategy period.
- Members will comply with the South Gloucestershire Code of Conduct for Members, which is set out in the Council’s Constitution in Part C, pages 240-246: http://www.southglos.gov.uk//documents/CouncilConstitution.pdf, or their own organisation’s code (where there is duplication)
|Voice and Vote Members
Consisting of statutory members
pursuant to s.194(2) (a)–(g)
||Voice and No-vote Members
|Executive Member for Adult and Public Health
||Chief Executive, North Bristol NHS Trust
|Executive Member for Children & Young People
||Chief Executive, Sirona care & health
||Operations Manager, Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
|Director of Adult Social Services and Housing
||Chief Inspector, Neighbourhoods and Partnerships, South Gloucestershire, Avon & Somerset Police
|Director of Children and Young People
||Member, South Gloucestershire Locality Provider Forum
|Director of Public Health
||Head of Locality (Integration), Bromford
|South Glos Clinical Lead / nominated clinician, BNSSG CCG
||Area Manager, Risk Reduction, Avon Fire & Rescue
|Area Director for South Glos, BNSSG CCG
||County Commander BNSSG, South West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
|Member, Healthwatch South Glos
||Programme Director, Healthier Together BNSSG STP
|Chief Executive, The Care Forum
Further information about the work of the partnership can be found in the documents listed below: